Headed Home

March 24, 2012

I can't believe, as I sit in the airport terminal waiting for my plane to wing in, that I actually am heading home again. It feels unreal! But of course, when you're going on three hours of sleep and only one cup of coffee, things have a tendency to feel a bit fuzzy.

It's amazing how I literally feel as if the pages of my life are turning; I can't describe the feeling, but I DO feel it. As I wait to improv on this script of time, I reflect on everything that has happened to me...

It’s fun to watch the different travelers coming and going at airports. You see so many faces, look at so many nationalities; it’s one of the few places I know that swarm with diversity. It actually becomes humbling at times, realizing what a fantastic artist God is. We live in a world where no two DNA strands are alike and even if faces have striking resemblances, the personalities could not be any different. But that doesn’t just apply for this generation, it applies for all time. That means, there’s never been a Rose like me centuries past or years to come. Talk-about-awesome!

I got really distracted. Let me continue where I left off last…

Anyway, I’m sitting in the Dallas, Fort Worth Airport—the soils of my fiancés’ homeland. In part one of this post, I was reflecting on my memories in Missouri. I met some of the most amazing people; and one in particular keeps coming to mind—one who could not be anymore unique and most defiantly no one could be like her again. Who is this?

It’s Karyssa!



I think one of the people I will miss most out of so many is her. Why her more then others? Well, it’s not just because she shared the accompanying room in the basement with me; it’s not just because she was always there; but probably because she was genuine. She’s one of the nicest Goths you’d ever want to meet, in it for fashion and statement rather then darkness. She’s a weapon enthusiast and the only person I know with a fox fur from Alaska and beautiful bones decorating the basement. Lol. But that’s not all! We talked so much about life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

I couldn’t tell you how many times I was in need (my finances were highly limited) and she was there to empty her pantry for me, or see to it that my needs were taken care of by making hearty toast or creating some bizarre meal (I swear, she found a recipe for MRE gravy once)!

So many times I was having a breakdown and she was there to bring reality to my perspectives; she was the one who told me I would probably never find a guy like Matthew again and if I left him, I would harbor regret for the rest of my life. And when family stood against our relationship, they were not the ones I would be spending the rest of my life with; don’t let their fear-filled opinions influence my decision.

Oh, and you can’t forget the time she left a four-foot fake pony in my room to welcome me home from winter break…but that’s an entirely different topic. ;)

I watched her mature, I watched her fall in love, I watched her fail but pick herself right back up again—which takes more guts then trying something new for the first time.

My heart is sad that I won’t be able to talk with her late into the night. I won’t be able to see her and her boyfriend fall more-and-more in love on a daily bases. No more seeing the random things she would buy on eBay. No more freaking awesome toast.

While we had some sour moments, the good outweighed the bad. And that’s what I reflect on most. Someone asked me the other day what I would miss most about my stay on the missionary base in Missouri and I said without hesitation, “The people.”

The statement could not be anymore true. And one thing’s for sure; I’ll never forget Karyssa as long as I live—it’s impossible. God truly knew what he was doing when he put the two of us together in that house. It’s a time I will never forget…and I like it that way. ^_^

Even though friendships such as Karyssa’s are placed on simmer in this new season of life, I hope they last a very long time.

And now, I return to the people who will occupy my life for the longest of runs. It is with that thought I am able to face this new chapter of time without glancing back in sorrow of what I'm leaving behind. The truth is, when you have been separated from he who is one with you in all sense of the word excluding consummation, it’s not too hard to pick up everything in a second and follow him to the ends of the earth.

I cannot wait to return home and cultivate the greatest relationship of all—the living representation of Christ and His Bride. In my book, it could not get much more amazing then that.

Sincerely,
~Rose

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

.... I hope you know that I am locking/copying/saving this post and reading it every time I start to cry. This is pretty much the sweetest thing I have ever had anyone write about me <3 Thank you. I know for sure that I cant possibly say anything as beautiful in return (possibly because its 2am)... but I can say this. I will never look at a red solo cup the same again.

Someday Rose, we will see each other again.
~Karyssa

Post a Comment