Calm Before the Storm

So for today on this lonely Sunday, I spent most of it updating our wedding registry and will work on finalizing the guests list later. I didn't get home from church until about 3:30 and was exhausted so I am a little behind my personal schedule.

I gave Mrs. T the decorating information today at church and I am so happy to know she has my taste in a lot of areas concerning vintage. It is so exciting to see how all of this is turning out! :-)

So, when I got home this afternoon, I turned on nothing but movies from the '90's. I don't know why, but sometimes I just get on those sorts of kicks.

Well since I can't find anything else to write about, and I've updated you on wedding plans, I guess I should update you on the occurrences going on in Louisiana.

We are smack-dab in the middle of chaos with a hurricane scheduled to hit this Wednesday. I'm depressed to inform the world that even if a major evacuation is put underway, Matthew will remain in the state, working and dealing with rain, wind and possible looters...the thought makes me shutter. I do know that if the hurricane worsens, I will do whatever it takes to stay as close to him as I possibly can.

The thought of evacuating to Texas, or even an hour away is unfathomable.

But in the meantime, I am scheduled to spend the next few days--starting tomorrow--at my in-law's house. I will be close to Matthew's family, which helps my heart a lot. But as much as I love them, there will ALWAYS be an evident absence in the air that leaves my spirit clenched in tears when Matthew is gone.

And that's a hard attacker to fight, much less overcome.



I've written some pretty dramatic fiction in my lifetime--perhaps that is why my mind is conjuring up all of these terrifying events and heart-breaking stories that are just made for the Hollywood screen. But the terror of it all is that it is no longer imaginary people I think about; it's me, it's this current situation happening to me...to the love of my life.

Okay, this is where I am going to halt everything in my little gray cells and fight those thoughts, leaving them in their fictional place. That is not the future God has for us. We have a love that is stronger then death, it's jealousy more demanding then the grave. Many waters--no matter how much Isaac unleashes--can't quench this love.

Now that is something to focus on!



I must say goodnight to the blogging world now. I need to go pack my duffel bag and prepare to wake up extra early in the morning to run to the store with Matthew and stock up on water, non-perishable foods, and especially ammo before zipping off to work.

Can you people up-north reading this actually believe there are parts of the United States that live like this? Almost every year? To the point that it just become routine to pack up your whole life and not know if you'll even have a home to return to? Loose someone you love? It's insane actually.

But anways, these turn of events and talking about looters lead me to post this song about a bad-ass country girl. I know I'll be Little Miss Gunpowder and Lead if things get crazy down here!!

Keep us in prayer; we need it.
~Rose


1 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, so far it looks like we're staying too. I wanted to leave, because I simply cannot cope with no A/C, but my parents can't find anywhere to stay that accepts pets (we're haulin one hyper-active pup and two tempetmental guinea pigs). So for the first time, I'm riding out a storm in my house.

Post a Comment