Girls Just Want to Have Fun

So today was a big day. The bridesmaids along with my mother-in-law (officially refered to as Mama2 from now on) and myself got together to pick out their dresses and I think I can speak for all of them when I say we had a wonderful time.

I had a little trouble getting the perfect color blue, but it didn't take too long to choose the pop color. My bridesmaids were so helpful and so calm when they went out on the floor to look at dresses. It wasn't too long before, after realizing we were having a December wedding, that my girls needed floor-length gowns. I was a little hesitant for the longest time (my wedding dress is pretty simple). But when they came out wearing the elegant floor-length black gowns with a "cornflower" blue sash hooped around it, we all knew these were the ones. They're beautiful. And now that I think about it, the sheer halter top is the same material as my wedding dress and the remainder of the dress (in satin) is the same texture as the corset strings on my dress. It really helps to balance everything out.

An idea of the color sash and dress; not actual
dress or sash; it remains a surprise to all but the
wedding party. ;) Yes, secrets can be fun!!!


Pretty soon I am going to try to make little hair-netted flowers in the same color blue as the sash's and get a blue satin ribbon wrapped around the bouqet flowers to match everything.

I think the gowns are beautiful and really fit their bodies perfectly. So I'm so happy we got together to do this.

It amazes me that my maid-of-honor thought about doing this. I don't know what I was thinking, I was going to send everyone to pick out just one of the ones I chose but I'm glad she talked me out of that. I didn't like all but one of my original choices when I got to see it on them and when they emerged in those stunning ball gowns, I knew those were the ones. They are perfect.

So that was a lot of bonding time with them and gave my girls a chance to meet (since a few of them had never even seen each other before). I'm glad we took the time to do that today; it was a memory I won't soon forget

To backtrack a bit, the day started off a little rough. After my brand new droid stopped working and I was unable to get in-touch with anyone, I thought it was the start of a bad day. But I quickly realized the day becomes what you make it to be, so I changed my mind; from that point on, things perked up quickly.

I added that little bit of information so you'll understand why I don't have pictures to post on my blog of my girls getting silly, trying on dresses and looking all elegant.

Oh well, perhaps we'll figure out Mr. Droids issue soon so that the next time a picture-post-worthy event happens, I'll be able to capture the moments. Besides, it's probably a good idea to keep most all of this as a surprise!

This is going to be one elegant heck of a wedding!

~Rose


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah it is!! I'm so excited!!!

Post a Comment