It's Just a Piece of Paper!

Like I promised, I'm blogging again today (go me!), even though I only have a little bit of time left (not-so-go me!).

I noticed that my habits back in high school of waiting for everything to be accomplished at the last minute is NOT paying off in my adult years.

I repeat: NOT, for all of you teens reading this.

The invitation information is due to the company tomorrow and I am just NOW working on them. You would think that an invitation is simple, right? "Not so," said the wedding etiquette freak. The wording has to be proper, it has to say what you want it to say...properly, the color has to be perfect, picking the font has to be perfect, the liners, the response cards, the AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

You know, even though this post may sound stressful, I am actually having a pretty awesome time. It's tedious but it will be worth it in the end. :-)

The best part about this whole thing was enlisting Matthew's help with it for a few hours. It was the best part not because it was a sweet, romantic, helpful moment. It was the best becuase it was so darn funny!

I read that it's a good idea to include your partner in wording the invitations since it's a reflection of the two of you. This is partially true. I gave Matt a call while he was at work and enlisted his help in trying to put everything together and word it properly. After a solid hour and a half of mixing and matching sentences, this is how our conversation ended.

Rose: So how do you like this one--we earnestly desire the joy of your presence at the nuptials of--
Matt: I liked the first one.
Rose: Which one?
Matt: The first one.
Rose: Which.one.is.that?
Matt: The only one I can remember, you changed it so many times!
Rose: You mean the one about requesting the honor of your witness?
Matt: Um--
Rose: Or request your attendance to the marriage ceremony of?
Matt: I think--so--
Rose: Or was it the one where you--
Matt: My brain is frying!!!! I need to go.
Rose: No, wait!
Matt: Please, let me go! Pplleeaassee let your servant go!! I liked the one where you talked about love being forever and attending a ceremony with the witnessing honor of the twelfth of December--that one!

Poor guy. I got off the phone in fits of laughter.

--------

Anyways, that was my small break from invitation wording and editing to update everyone with what my chosen wedding task of today was.

Afterwards, I need to complete a guest list then tomorrow I am going to work on putting together a palate for my AMAZING decorators to look at. Then I'll write down the food list.

Oh, and one more thing. God's favor was with us today. I was a whole hour late for work today going to the store, trying to fix my droid (luckily, my boss was understanding about it). At first, because I didn't buy the insurance, I wasn't supposed to get a replacement right then and there at the store. Instead, after what felt like HOURS of talking to foreigners, I was supposed to send off for another one that wouldn't come in for another 2 weeks. How on earth was I to finish wedding planning without a phone and all of the keeping track apps??

To make a long story short, they ended up giving me a new phone (a new number as well, unfortunately, but still I got to walk out of the store with a brand.new.working.phone). I just couldn't help but feel so blessed.

But on top of that, we submitted every last piece of information the apartment complex needed today. Now we are just waiting on a call that should be coming in within the next few days. I'm so excited!!!!

So yea! I will end this post with a song that best describes Matthew. Even though he is super helpful when it comes to wedding details and he has a fashionable eye, he's still a guy...I guess it should have dawned on me when he suggested road-kill gumbo and nutria casserole for the reception.....he was talking to one of the cooks about it...and he was dead serious....ahh, the beauty of difference between man and woman...have to love it!

Mucho love!
~Rose


0 comments:

Post a Comment