I'm Still Breathing and Very Much Coherent

Hello blogging world, or that which glances at my little patch of Internet space to see what's blooming here.

I haven't had the opportunity to blog in the longest time! Even though so much of wedding details are being taken care of, it is still hectic trying to get my side of things taken care of.

Can one believe that I FINALLY gathered all of my addresses for wedding and shower invitations? Mind you, just my side, we still have Matthew's side to gather. That is one thing that is stressing me out beyond words. My little task-oriented mind demands it done NOW but circumstances or life and the fact the world does not revolve around this wedding forces me to apply some brakes. Even though we're running out of time, with only 65 more days to go, I cannot allow myself to stress.....

I...

Won't...

Stress.........

Okay....

It's so hard to believe how far the little details of this wedding planning have come and how much God has provided out of his abundant resources (which is everything plus a thousand cattle on a hill lol ). We have the cake, God provided a professional photographer out-of-the-blue a few weeks back and all of the little details that are adding up are getting scratched off the list one by one.

My most recent amazing bit of information is that God has even provided a NEW mattress and dresser set for the apartment today.

Wow! That was--obviously--a huge concern for us newly weds. The fact that we don't have to go thrifting for a mis-matched set is even more astounding since we had no expectations of starting out with that form of American luxury. Heck, we even told each other that if we had to sleep on the floor the first while, then we would. We would remove any form of expectation we had and take whatever came our way.

Luckily, of course, God has taken care of us, His children, better then that. :-)

What else?

I don't really know what to say or anymore updates to give. I know so much has happened since the last time I wrote and so much I wanted to say throughout that time, but unfortunately so much of it has slipped from my mind to make room for everything going on today.

The memorial service for Matthew's grandfather was Friday. I have never had so much remorse and so much respect for a family all at the same time...dang it...even all I wanted to say about that day has left me, unfortunately. :/

But one thing I will say; when Matthew stood up in tears to give his words and memories of his grandfather, I truly wished I had the opportunity to know Grandpa for a longer time then I did. "I would not be the man I am standing before you today if it wasn't for my Grandfather. The hard work ethic that I have is because of him..."

The realization that one of the character traits I love so much about Matthew is due to that man makes me reverence his life on earth. Hey was a key instrument in molding Matthew...it fills me with gratitude and wonder.

I say that right now as he works a double shift on only a few hours of sleep then again tomorrow under the same circumstances.

Wow. He astounds me, truly. Even when we are together and he is dog-tired, he still dotes on my every whimsical desire and emotion, making sure I always remain at the fore-front of his happiness and well being. Always encouraging me with his words, his warm hugs, his sweet smiles. And the most SINCERELY romantic man.

Talk about everything a girl could pray for.

Anyway, my thoughts are running short on this update. I have Little House on the Prairie running in the background so my focus is divided.

Until next time,
-Rose


0 comments:

Post a Comment