8 Days

This is my first time I've been able to blog in a long time and probably the last time until the wedding is over.

Only one week and a day left to go until the big day. So much has happened since the last time I was on here. For one thing, we have finally leapt over the hardest 20 day gap before the 10 day countdown began. And let me tell you, it was not easy at all.

But we are finally here and in less than eight days, I'm going to be married....crazy thought.

I will have to take a separate post one of these days and go into detail about how well the shower went. We were so blessed and received so many gifts and so much favor. When you think about the fact that Matthew and I are basically starting from scratch, we really didn't think we would BEGIN to receive everything we NEEDED much less things we WANTED but we got both and our "Needs" list is building up really fast. All in all, I was so joyful that day and we had SO much favor and support and love. It was a blessing.

Okay, so with a week to go, I'm finishing up the little details of things that need to get taken care of. Mostly, my concern at this point is the honeymoon. I realize I put a lot of stress on the wedding throughout most of these four months. While it was important to do that to an extent, it isn't where  my energy should have been going to. It should have been making next week an amazing weekend. So now, I'm trying to find crafty things, fun and memorable things we can do. And since we are on a budget and don't feel like traveling much except for one trip to Covington to get away for a few days, it has to be simple and in-home. So far, pinterest has helped with some time-consuming and inexpensive ideas, lol.

So today, on our shopping trip (Since Matt and I were both blessed with coinciding days off) that's what I'm going to be doing. I guess because we are so close to the day, sex is really all that's been on our minds lately...which is natural...especially for those still holding their V cards.

Our pastor teases us every time we go to marriage counseling, saying we are probably going to disappear as soon as the ceremony is over. Matthew agrees, but my goal is to make it as long as the garter toss and cake cutting.

I think I'm going to end a little bit of this scattered post with something that stuck out to me the most during marriage counseling yesterday. I have always read the Song of Solomon from a very spiritual perspective. It's a book containing a lot of symbolism to Christ's love for His Bride and the marriage supper of the lamb. So that was how I studied it. But our pastor told us yesterday that you can only understand the spiritual aspect of it if you can understand the natural and you can only understand the natural if you understand the spiritual.

I think it's time to read that book mushed in the center of the Bible from a new, natural perspective. Hopefully I can step out of my other mindset long enough to put a human twist on it.

That's all. Oh, and now I'm going to really end this scattered post on a crazy note. Did I happen to mention that since December 1st, the weather has been SO HOT and SO HUMID!? I had a feeling this was going to end up being a normal Louisiana hot wedding. It's inhuman to live in such a climate that you want to done shorts and a tank top in the middle of December. Christmas trees and hot coco seem so out of place.

But honestly, everything is okay. I don't care anymore--it's a detail that doesn't matter. It's all about the love that will last a lifetime and cultivating that. This wedding will only be a distant memory in ten years that will loose any of its harshness over time and sweeten as the love grows.





Root beer instead of hot chocolate!
~Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment