Perspective Change

Today is my last day off before a busy two weeks at work ahead. I checked my schedule and saw split days off next week--eek! But it's okay! I'm purely happy because Matthew and I both got Sunday and Monday (today) off.

Yesterday we went to church and wow, was I ever so glad we went. Although our pastor wasn't there and someone else preached instead, it hit home and gave me confidence to pray for restoration. Afterwards we had a talk with some of the intercessory ladies who gave their out-of-this-world testimony's on when they found their spouse. They prayed Holy-Spirit led prayers for us afterwards, encouraged us and gave us insight into the impact our marriage was going to have.

In the late afternoon, we got Sno-balls and walked a trail in the woods. The weather has been very beautiful lately so it was refreshing to be outdoors, connecting with nature and sunlight.

After that, we went back to his parents' house and did air soft target practice by the river as the sun began to set. I learned some new sniper positions to use when you're sniping from a place that tilts downwards (I felt like I was in the movies! lol).

We went back to my place and enjoyed conversation with his aunt, baked jello cake and turned on Jurassic Park. It was a WONDERFUL day!

Why am I typing about all of this? I don't know--maybe because I'm learning to take joy in the little things in life instead of waiting for big-bang "perfect" moments.

One of the reasons I fell in love with Matthew and enjoy talking to him is because this is the way he views things in life. When I just want to cry because the stress of life is unbearable, he'll either encourage me with Biblical principles or start doing the most random, goof-ball stuff to get my focus off of my problems.

But he's not just that way with me, he's even that way with strangers. For example, last night we were at a stop-light before entering the highway. We both looked over to our right and saw this lady with the most pissed-off expression on her face. Obviously something had happened to her that was really upsetting (or she just had a very bad day).

Next thing I know, Matt starts blasting his Christian Rap music so loud the truck started rattling; he smiled so big, started waving like crazy and then"Jersey Shore" fist-bumped for the rest of the time. Needless to say, when we sped off, she was cracking up and her ENTIRE countenance changed.

I feel like I witnessed a miracle.

I used to have a much-more positive perspective on almost everything in life but somehow I lost it along the way.

BUT I'm taking steps to regain it. So this post is one such way--I'm omitting the bad stuff that happened yesterday and focusing on the wonderful, simple pleasures that took place. I encourage my readers to consider doing the same--you learn just how much more fulfilling life can be because of it.

I can't wait to see what lies ahead today. :-)

Let Humming Birds Fly,
~Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment