Love Like Crazy and Chick-Fil-A Madness

I haven't had the oppertunity to post much lately, obviously, except at pinterest and facebook when I do. Things have been crazy; Matt works over 80 hours a week now with his security firm off-shore; it gets hectic; over twice in two weeks he was worked two 24 hour shifts back to back with 8 hours of rest in 48 hours Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine being blessed to have a more dedicated future husband.(I will explain it all eventually).

In the meantime, I will just leave the world with one of the sweetest, most wonderful, most encouraging songs I've heard; it reminds me of Matthew and I ssooo much! (Gosh, absence makes the heart grow fonder is an understatement in these lonely months).



AWESOME, NO!!??

Oh, and here is my quick take on this Chick-Fil-A b.s. that went down. People will be mad at me for my opinions, but whatever. I don't care; this is my right to Freedom of Speech. Don't argue with me and I won't with you either; it's my beliefs and I'm not planning on changing it. So here we go, and I won't say anymore on the matter.


It has gotten to the point that I couldn't even post anything on facebook; getting attacked for my rights and my freedom of speech by over-opinionated Christians is hypocritical and defeats the whole purpose of "Freedom of Speech"!
I believe, if we truly cared about what's right and wrong, and making a statement against sin by freedom of speech, then why start with homosexual marriage? Stop going to see movies that support the lifestyles of actors and actresses living in adultery. Stop going to see movies filled with pre-marital heterosexual sex in it. Is not this as damaging to the image of family as homosexual marriage? Does it not bring the same amount of confusion? Homosexual marriage isn't even mentioned in the 10 Commandments or Sermon on the Mount; but adultery and heterosexual lust is. So you tell me which is worth paying more attention to. Yet we don't care about that as much…could it be because homosexual marriage is what is popular on the political agenda? Could it be because we can raise our hands and say, “I never did that! I am sinless in this area,” when we admire a little too much the body of the opposite sex at times?
Sounds like a religious action called hypocrisy the Pharisees are guilty of doing.
My brother is a declared homosexual with a really nice boyfriend; I love them both dearly. I don't shun them from my life, they respect me when I am around and don't try to shove their beliefs down my throat; they are FULLY aware that I do not stand for their lifestyles or even for homosexual marriage. Their friends even know I don't stand for it.
Let me tell you something, when you have beloved family members who are homosexuals, your heated debates get less and less hot and more and more filled with a divine compassion and love. "Speaking Out" becomes patience of the Holy Spirit to sew seeds when He gives you opportunities and to pray, pray, pray for their salvation.
I believe in the end, this statement from Chick-Fil-A, this protest, and "exercising freedom of speech" is going to bring about A LOT more harm then good on both sides. Did we ever take into consideration that we were supposed to keep our chewing mouths silent? Maybe prayer and fasting for our nation and homosexuals was the answer to this uproar, not protesting. If you are going to protest, why don’t we go back to the biblical principals of doing it—fighting against principalities of the air and dark forces, not weak and broken humans made of flesh and blood standing in front of us, watching us, crying out on the inside for us to be the difference.
That is our obligations as Christians--to be in the world, not of it. But after looking at all of my Christian friends' glorified, saintly photos of them downing chicken burgers and milk shakes this past Wednesday in the name of "freedom of religion and speech," I can't help but say, "You look just as stupid, just as angry, just as full of vanity as the world...and that's a shame."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. You are so right. We ignore the perversion that's evident in our own lives, because we're too busy pointing to that in others.
Prayer is the real answer.
I never thought about it like this.
But I did find it funny that people who were so shocked that homosexuals were boycotting Chick fil a are the same ones who boycott other things for the same reason.
People need to wake up.

Post a Comment