Sneaky Peaky 2! (Our Humble Abode)

This, ladies and gentlemen of the blogging world, is the bedroom in our new apartment!!


Okay, so maybe it could use some curtains and some pictures, but I think it's coming together pretty nicely! :-)

I know, I know; it is a risky gamble Matt and I are taking to agree to wait on the renovation of this apartment complex instead of taking a smaller one that would have opened up two weeks earlier.

But while it's risky and pushing it really close to the wedding date, it was definitely a wiser choice to make in the long-term.

I'm so in love with the extra space and a patio this particular complex has to offer as well as getting to be THE VERY FIRST ones to live in it. That means, it has brand new insulation, we will be first to use the fridge, to walk on the carpet, use the bathtub...to me, that is a big deal. I like getting to start off with brand new things, and I believe God pays attention to every little detail of desire I have (which is why this opened up).

At first, I was totally okay living upstairs in an itty bitty apartment they originally showed us, but after seeing this floor plan, the extra space idea quickly grew on me. It's a wiser investment and wiser wait to go this way.

I remember the feeling as we traipsed through the renovation of our new home, gazing up into the empty rafters and stepping over screws where the kitchen counters would be. For some odd reason, I actually began to think, "This is how a grown-up must feel...wait...I am a grown-up!"

It was wonderful to have this opportunity to see the before shot of our future home, however long God has us here.

Like I said, it's a gamble since they said the latest it should be completed is about four weeks before the wedding. While it's risky, I'm trusting God that He is working it all out. I have that confidence in Him, luckily, and I'm enjoying every moment of this journey. :-)

Matt snapped this picture about a month ago, so I can't imagine the progression that has been made since that time.

And this is how I shall abruptly end my post of the day.
I do believe in fairies, I do, I do,
~Rose

0 comments:

Post a Comment